Pages

Thursday, June 17, 2010

Strike a Pose

My Shelby LOVES to have her picture taken. It doesn't matter who's holding the camera or what she's wearing at the time. If she sees me with the camera she immediately starts posing for pics. She often finds my camera and takes pics of herself too. lol

Here's a layout I created that is featured on the Scrap-Mart blog today.

I started this layout by cutting various sizes of butterflies using the Slice and Just Chillin' Teen design card. I adhered them to the upper left hand corner of my layout with repositionable adhesive then misted the that area only with some Glimmer Mist. I used the font on the Spring design card mixed with my own handwriting to complete the journaling. The papers on the right side of the layout are a mixture of American Crafts Dear Lizzy and Letterbox patterns. The outlines around the boxes were created by hand using a black Triart marker. The title is a mixture of AC Thickers, chipboard pieces and die cuts. The banner was created using my Quickutz 2x2 Triangle Pennant and Banana Split 4x8 font. I also added some American Crafts ribbon, felt flowers, Remarks stickers and Dimensional Stickers. I added one of the butterflies I used as a mask under a metal butterfly from Making Memories. I used Sketch 188 from Pencil Lines as inspiration for this layout.

This layout is very different from my normal style. I like how it turned out though! I appreciate you stoppin' by today! I hope you'll join me tomorrow for Unity's Friends with Flair!

Katie

2 comments:

Mona Pendleton said...

What a fun LO!

Unknown said...

Katie this is really great LO. I love the way you did the pen around the edges. Your girls are precious!