Pages

Monday, June 21, 2010

Challenge Monday

Hey everyone! I hope you had a great weekend and enjoyed your Father's Day with your Dad and/or hubby! I know I did. I'm back today to share a project I made for this week's challenge on the Bella Digi Studio Challenge Blog. This week's challenge is brought to us from Lora and it is to use flowers and pearls on your project. Well, that's easy enough, right?! Here's my creation...

As you can see I have a thing for kraft this week. LOL! On top of my kraft card base I added a piece of AC Cardstock I embossed with my D'vine Swirls Cuttlebug Embossing folder. The patterned paper, ribbon and cardstock tag are all from the Melissa Frances Vintage Posey collection. I picked it up when I was at the show in Arlington 'cause I just knew her stuff would be perfect with my Bella images! After printing my Deedee I colored her with my Copics. Using Daphne's tutorial I added some pink flock to the dress and hat then colored the flower on the hat with my Illuminate Smooch Ink. Next I cut and embossed the image with my Oval Nesties and mounted it with a Scallop Oval. To finish it off I ran a strip of pearls under the sentiment on the tag. It is hard to see under all the layers but the square piece under the ovals is actually a floral pattern and Deedee has a flower on her hat. And as usual, I used my Quick Quotes Chalk Inks to ink my edges and the embossed swirls.

Be sure to stop by the Challenge Blog to view the other DT member's creations! And, if you can find the time, please visit their blogs and leave 'em some love.

Thanks so much for stoppin' by today! I hope you'll join me again tomorrow!

Katie

2 comments:

Tammylee said...

Love what you did with Dee Dee :)

Kathy Jones said...

This is darling and how could you not love something with flowers and pearls!!! :) Great job of the challenge!!