Pages

Friday, June 18, 2010

FWF: #1 Dad

Hi and thanks for stoppin' by for another Friends with Flair Friday! I have a super quick and easy card to share with you today that I created for my hubby for Father's Day. In case you have forgotten, Father's Day is Sunday! Yes, 2 days from now Sunday! But, no worries! If you haven't created your card yet, perhaps you can pull some inspiration from mine.

The moment I saw the May Retailer KOTM I knew I HAD to have it! I LOVE the circle grid stamp and couldn't wait to ink it up! I started with a 5x5 kraft cardstock card and embossed the left edge with my new Cuttlebug Star border embossing folder from the Measure by Measure set! Then I layered on a piece of kraft patterned paper I snagged in a kit from Fancy Pants in Arlington. Next I added a strip of Core'dinations for Jillibean embossed cardstock that I sanded and layered on my stamped circle. The stickers I used for the sentiment are also from the Fancy Pants kit. A touch of twine and a button finished off my card. All the edges were inked with Quick Quotes Chalk Ink before adhering.

See, told you it was super fast and super easy! I know my hubby will love the stars. He's been on a motorcycle road trip to California with a friend for about a week and a half now and is due home on Sunday! We will welcome him back with his card and a yummy home cooked meal! Can't wait for him to return...miss him something terrible.

I also have a pictorial over on the Bella Digi Studio Challenge Blog today that shows you how to create flowers with the new Cuttlebug Quilling Dies. I hope you can check it out! If you have any questions about those dies feel free to email me at katie@scrap-mart.com.

Thanks so much for stoppin' by! And, just so you know, I read and appreciate EVERY comment! I'll be back tomorrow with more crafty fun and I hope you can join me!

Katie

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome Father's day card!

Laurel said...

Love it Katie!

Handmade Creations by Stephanie said...

what a fabulous Father's day card tfs!!!!

Kate said...

Great card :0) I love that round stamp too.
Kate x

Toni K said...

Great fathers day card!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

I love it--I love how this father's day card is fun! GREAT job:) TFS:)

farmhouse-story said...

love the card, katie! i'm gonna check out the quilling dies--didn't know about them:) thanks!

Morissa Sweeney (YT - ShamrockShe) said...

Great card! I love that set, too! Going to check out your CB creations!

Anonymous said...

Lovely card. S x

jo said...

Lovely card Katie!

Katy said...

Great father's day card -- love the colors, it makes it very masculine.

Tracy said...

What a great card - very manly! ;-)

Lori said...

Great masculine card!

Unknown said...

Katie, I love this card! Wonderful for Father's Day and I really like how you embossed the starts on the left...fantastic!