Pages

Friday, October 29, 2010

Witches Brew...

I really enjoy Halloween. We finally moved to a place where we can hand out candy but we have no decorations. I am hoping that I can pick up some good ones on clearance this year so I can really dress up my house next year. ;)

Anyway, I created this treat box for Shelby's teacher.

The box is the Sizzix Box w/Scallop Lid. I used paper from the new American Crafts Halloween line for the box and cut apart one of the Just Write journal boxes for the mat for the title. To create the moon, I used my Slice and the Basic Shapes 1 design card and simply cut a circle and inked the edges with Quick Quotes chalk ink. For the witch, potion bottle and title I used the Spook Alley design card. For added dimension, I adhered the witch with American Crafts This to That Foam Tab circles. If you look closely, you can actually see her shadow on the moon! To keep the flap closed, I stuck some velcro dots underneath it then embellished it with some crinkled ribbon and added a quick tag.

Thanks for stoppin' by today! We have the Fall Carnival at the school tomorrow afternoon and of course, Trick-or-Treating on Sunday! I wish you all a safe and Happy Halloween! Please join me on Monday as we welcome November in style!

Katie

No comments: