Pages

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Cracked glass technique...

Happy Tuesday crafty friends! I'm back today to share with you a card I created with the cracked glass technique. If you're not familiar with cracked glass, there's a great tutorial HERE on Splitcoast.

Here's my card...

That awesome Santa image is from the Stampers Anonymous Tim Holtz Holiday Wishes set. As soon as I saw it I knew I wanted to try the cracked glass technique with it. First, I created my card base from Kraft cardstock and inked the edges. I layered up some new Dear Lizzy Christmas papers by American Crafts, also inked up. Santa was stamped on an off white piece of cardstock then I added some color to his cheeks with my Copic marker. Next, I began adding and heating layers of UTEE. Once it was thick and cooled, I bent the image a number of times to crack my UTEE then rubbed a bit of ink over it to dull the shine. I adhered Santa to a Spellbinders Scrap-Mart Exclusive Labels One and added it to the card with a touch of crinkled ribbon tucked behind it. The holly leaves are Dear Lizzy embellishments and I created the tickets with my Papertrey stamps and ticket border die. I had lots of fun creating this card and while it's not my typical style, I'm pleased with the outcome.

If you haven't tried the cracked glass technique, you should! It yields amazing results. Thanks for stoppin' by today! I'll see you again tomorrow.

Katie

No comments: