Pages

Friday, October 8, 2010

Happy FWF Friday!!!

Hello everyone and welcome to my FWF post!! It has been quite some time since I've joined in and I'm excited to be able to participate this week. I'm sure many of you, like me, are playing along with some of Unity's World Card Making Day challenges. Yesterday, I shared a shaped card for Eva's challenge and today, a ONE layer card for Kelly's challenge.

One layers cards are not something I normally do so this was a true challenge for me. I LOVE Unity stamps so I dug through my stash and found some I hadn't inked up yet. Sad, I know. The images and sentiment used for this card are from last October's KOTM. I stamped the guitar then colored it with my Copics. I bought some new cardstock and it's thicker than what I'm used to coloring on so it takes more blending than usual. When I started on this, I kinda liked the color lines as I thought it gave the guitar a wood look to it so I left it, unblended. Gasp!!! hehehe After I got it colored I stamped the music notes on the top then the sentiment on the bottom. I went over the stamp lines and some of the colored area with my Copic Spica Glitter Pens. Using my Scor-Pal, I scored two lines then tied my crinkled ribbon in between them. I found a little music note die cut and attached that to my bow with a jump ring. To finish the card off, I added some silver studs under the sentiment. To be honest, I'm really happy with the way this card turned out.

Well, that's all I have for today! I am actually at the CK convention in Kansas City so please, leave your comments, but it will be later tonight before I moderate them and they appear! Thanks for stopping by and have a great weekend!!! I'll be back with another WCMD challenge project Monday!

Katie

12 comments:

Rachel B said...

Fabulous scrunchy ribbon! Love the pink guitar!

Erika said...

So cute!

Unknown said...

so adorable., great card.

4guysandagirl said...

very cute! :)

Carolina said...

What a beautiful card - the ribbon is the perfect touch! Happy Friday to you!!

Angie Blom said...

Very cool card.

Katrina Hunt said...

So cute!!! Have fun at CK!!!!

shuggy said...

great card!

JenMarie said...

Absolutely FABulous!

Valerie said...

Nice card! I have this set too and have used those same stamps for cards. Nicely done!

Lori said...

Great one layer card!

FibreJunky said...

What a cute card!!