Pages

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Creating handmade flowers....

There's a ton of different ways to create handmade flowers. You could use fabric, paper and more. A friend of mine taught me a fun and quick way to create a fabric flower this weekend and I couldn't wait to try it. I used this new technique to create the card below for Unity's WMCD challenge, Handmade Flower Embellishment...

Isn't that cute??? Okay, so to make the flower you need 5 or 6 circles of fabric. I cut 6 circles using my Spellbinders Circle Nesties (the second to largest; about 3"). Then, I simply folded the circles in half, right side out, and hand stitched along the curved edge. When I got to the end, I pulled the thread tight and the circle gathered and created a petal. I continued to do this with the rest of the circles, attaching them one at a time onto the same thread then sewed the first and last petal together. It took maybe 15 minutes. After I was done, I spritzed my flower with some Glimmer Mist, used my hairdryer to dry it faster, then hot glued the button on top. That's it!! Super, super easy. So, I added the green ric rac to the card base, topped it off with the flower, stamped my sentiment from Unity's Forever Friends, embellished with gem stickers and that was it. Easy peasy! And, imagine this flower attached to a headband!!! Oh my sweetness! ;)

I tried to get this post up several times yesterday but I was experiencing some issues with Blogger. Looks like I'm good today. I'll be back again tomorrow with another fun card! Thanks for stoppin' by!

Katie

1 comment:

Barbara said...

Katie love this flower you should do a tutorial would love to try this.