Pages

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Happy Holidays

Ah, the arrival of the cooler weather always puts me in the holiday mood! I LOVE Fall and I can't say that enough. When I was at the stamp show in South Carolina a few weeks ago, I picked up one of the new Tim Holtz Christmas stamp sets, Holiday Wishes. Here's the first card I created with this stamp set...

I stamped the music sheet using Tim Holtz Holiday Wishes stamp set. First, I inked up the stamp with my American Crafts Copper ink pad then using a dauber, I randomly added Chestnut ink then stamped it. After allowing the ink time to set I wadded up the paper then distressed and inked the edges. The sentiment, also from the Tim Holtz Holiday Wishes stamp set, was stamped then heat embossed with American Crafts Zing Glitter embossing powder then cut out using the Spellbinders Exclusive Scrap-Mart Labels One die. I tucked a piece of distressed American Crafts Dear Lizzy Christmas paper under the edge of the sheet music before attaching the label. The holly and berries are from the Heartfelt Creations stamp set then cut out with the Spellbinders Exclusvie Heartfelt Creations Holly dies. They were all colored with my Copics. The berries were adhered using American Crafts This to That Foam Tabs. A bit of crinkled ribbon finish the card off.

I'm really happy with how this card turned out, especially since distressed/vintage is not my normal "style". I made another card with the Santa image and the cracked glass technique and I'll show you that one in a few days. Tomorrow though, I want to show you a card I made for Eva's Unity World Card Making Day challenge. See you then!

Katie

No comments: