Pages

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Happy Birthday Brian!

Today, our oldest son turns 14! I cannot believe it. 14. Did you know that in Oklahoma 14 year olds can get a motorcycle license?? Yep, it's true. He and Rocky are headed to get his permit today, then after a few months of riding with an adult he can get his actual license. It's nerve racking for a parent to think of their child all alone on the road on a motorcycle. BUT, Brian has been riding for a long time and he has a good head on his shoulders. I trust that he will ride cautiously and obey the law and be as safe as possible. He's a good kid...no, a GREAT kid. He's kind and loving and thoughful. He's mindful of others' feelings and is a good friend. Brian is an awesome BIG brother too. I'm very proud of who he is becoming.

Since he's the big One-Four, we bought him a motorcycle for his birthday. Here's a pic of him getting ready for a practice ride...

(sorry for the poor pic quality...I took it with my phone then emailed it to upload) So, with turning 14 and getting a motorcycle I figured I should make him a motorcycle themed birthday card so here's what I made him...

The motorcycle is actually a piece from scrap vellum I had leftover from doing my father-in-law's album for Christmas two years ago; as was the silver flame paper. For the diamond plate, I ran a piece of silver metallic cardstock through my Cuttlebug with the Diamond Plate embossing folder. All edges were inked with my Quick Quotes chalk ink. The sentiment is from a quote pack from Quick Quotes. I added the line of silver studs to resemble the studs typically found on riding gear and saddle bags. I hope he likes it!

We'll be having a family dinner tonight of homemade Chicken and Dumplings. We'll finish it off with German Chocolate Cake. YUM! Thanks for joining me today to share in Brian's birthday celebration! I'll be back again tomorrow with some Christmas card inspiration! See you then!

Katie

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Brian! Love the card, Katie. Yum, German Chocolate cake--that was always my father's request for his birthday.

Laurel said...

Love the card you made it is so cool!