Pages

Friday, October 1, 2010

Can you believe it's October???

I know I can't!! Fall is my favorite time of year and I have to say I'm so glad it's cooling off. I love sitting outside in the evenings and NOT being eaten alive by bugs. hahaha It won't be long before Halloween is here and I've started working on some little projects. Today I'm going to share a treat box I created for Cody's teacher.

The box itself was cut using the Sizzix Big Shot Pro Machine and the Sizzix Bigz Pro Die- Box, Tall w/Scallop Lid. But, since I was making a Halloweeen box I decided to cover up the scallop using the Martha Stewart Drippy Goo edge punch. After die cutting the box I cut the oval window out of it using my Spellbinders Classic Ovals Small Nestabilities then covered it with acetate cardstock. The fun border on the bottom of the box and the bat on the tag were cut using the Sizzix Eclips machine and the Seasonal cartridge. I simply cut the border to 6" then trimmed off what I didn't need. To make the tag, I simply used some punches from my stash. What do you think about the paper I used??? The box is made from a piece of American Crafts Halloween embossed, double-sided patterned paper. It's super sturdy and the embossing on the sipider webs just give the box that much more detail. The new American Crafts papers will be in stock soon so keep your eye on the store! I filled a treat bag with candy corn then dropped the bag down inside. To keep the box closed, I added a set of round velcro dots.

I want to make one for Shelby and Seth's teachers too but, of course, they will have to be different. ;) Thanks for stoppin' by today! Have a wonderful weekend and I'll see you again Monday!

Katie

No comments: