Pages

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Warmest Wishes...

It's hard to believe that we will soon have snow on the ground. Yep, it's true. Last night we built our first fire of the season in our new wood burning stove...in our new home. Ah. No, it wasn't THAT cold last night, but we wanted to try out the stove and see how warm it got etc. It was so cozy in here last night. I can't wait for it to get really cold so we can blaze it up.

I am almost finished with my sample cards for next month's Year of Cards Class using the Cricut. Here's a peek at January's card...

Can you see all the shimmer?? I used the Potpourri Basket cartridge to cut the snowflake, which is 2". For the sentiment, I used the Jasmine cartridge and cut it at 1 1/2". The mittens were cut from the Designer's Calendar cartridge at 1 1/4". Since there was detail in the mittnes, I cut a shadow in white. After all the pieces were cut, I simply adhered and applied my stickles. That was it! A super simple and quick card.

I have a few more cards to show you next week so stay tuned. In the mean time, tomorrow is FWF and I hope you will stop by!

Katie

No comments: