Pages

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Thanksgiving placecards...

I have to tell you, I have NEVER made placecards for any holiday meal. Really, never. To some of you, this may sound CRAZY!! But, it's true. This year, I decided to make some for Cody and Shelby. Here's how they turned out...

You may be wondering why I only made the youngest ones placecards and not anyone else. Well, they always sit in the same place at every meal. They insist on it and will fight to the death for their seats. So, I thought it would be fun to "label" their seats and since they both recognize and know how to spell their names now, they'll really enjoy having their own, special seat. Here's a closer view of them...

Thanks to my Gazelle, these were super easy to make!! For Shelby's, I cut the card base out of Sunset Peach glitter paper. Then, I created a rectangle in the software and applied the embroidery tool. After cutting my holes, I applied the blackout feature to create the mat (around the holes) and expanded it to the size I desired and cut the rectangle out. After stitching through my embroidered holes, I added her name, also cut with the Gazelle, and finished it off with a coffee filter flower.

To create Cody's, I created the card base then cut the Rectangle 4x6 Framette (also available in die form HERE) from Gold glitter paper. Next, I cut his name out and added it to a label from the Funtime III software, which I adhered with American Crafts This to That Foam Tabs. I finished his off with some twine, a button and a few oak leaf die cuts.

They have already seen them and were so excited about them. Now, I only have to hope they make it 'til Thanksgiving. :) I have quite a few birthdays coming up so I am going to be working on birthday cards today. Hopefully I'll have one finished to share tomorrow. ;) Have a great Tuesday!

Katie

No comments: