Pages

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Sweet Treats...

Since I was going to the very last show of 2010, I wanted to take my friends something nice. But, it had to be something small that I could fly with so I decided to make some homemade cinnamon rock candy and decorate litle treat boxes for them. Here's how they turned out...

I had picked up these little 3x3 clear boxes at the stamp show in Novi earlier this year and thought they'd be perfect. I decorated them each specifically for the person they were for. Here's a close up look at them...

This one was for Amy. She has two beautiful daughters and has a fun, girly side. I added the ribbon then cut down a Melissa Frances journaling block to fit the front of the box. The title was created by cutting 'sweets' from my Bon Appetit Slice design card, adding some Making Memories mini ledger alphas then finishing it up with some Sassafras Lass glitter alphas. The white crepe paper is also from Melissa Frances. I cut it into a thin strip, adhered the ends together then flattened it out and added the Prima flower to the top. For a final touch, I added some white Smooch Ink to make it shimmer.

This one was for my friend, Angela, with The Button Farm. I thought it'd be fun to use the same colors she uses and of course, I HAD to add some buttons. ;) I cut the banner using the Parties Slice Design Card and the monogram A using the Sock Hop Fonts Slice design card. Some twine, buttons and crinkled ribbon finished it off.

This box was for Mary. Mary is classy and likes vintage things so I thought I'd go for a distressed and simple but elegant look for her. I chose a color scheme that is not my norm, but I like how it turned out. Mary is the mother of Stacey Caron, owner of Spellbinders! So, I thought I probably should use my Spellbinders dies for her box. hahaha I made some more of Karen's coffee filter flowers, inked and layered them up and that was it.

I just finished my morning walk. I did 1.5 miles today. It's a start. As much as I hate to run, I'd like to slowly move into running. I know it would be better for me. I HAVE to make some changes. For me. Only for me. Okay, enough about me. I'm going to shower, you all have a great day! ;)

Katie

No comments: