Pages

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Many thanks...

20 to be exact. My niece got married at the end of the summer...actually the day I left for CHA Chicago (hehehe)and her in-laws helped throw her and her new hubby a shower. Since they are YOUNG newlyweds, they had pretty much NOTHING. So family, friends and church members came and gathered and I promised to make her handmade thank you cards to send out to everyone. I completed and delivered them yesterday. Here's a peek at how they turned out...

I knew I need a clean and simple and non-bulky design. And I figured the less detail, the faster I could produce them. I worked in sections preparing the card bases first then the black cardstock, added the ribbon and finally stamped, embossed and attached the tabs. The white cardstock, ribbon and stamp are from SU!. The black cardstock was from my stash...probably Hobby Lobby...and I used Versamark Ink and American Crafts Glitter Zing Embossing Powder. They came together rather quickly and she was very happy with them.

So, today, I am uploading pics to be printed and beginning work on my very detailed altered project for my submission to the Spellbinders DT. Have a great day and I'll see ya later!

Katie

No comments: