Pages

Friday, November 28, 2014

Final Mail Art Project

Here is my final mail art project. It was really fun to receive the projects each month. You never knew exactly when they would arrive and it never failed to put a smile on my face when I opened the mailbox.

My last mail art project went to my dear friend Joyce. I wanted to make something special for her that she could hang or display in her craft room.


I started out with a chipboard shape from my stash, but you could easily use a page from one of Want2Scrap’s Chipboard albums…the Grand Album Series would work especially well for this project.  I covered the chipboard piece with the polka dot side of Quick Quotes Dream Big patterned paper then I cut a 3.5″ wide strip of the striped side of Sheer Joy and adhered it to the center.  Once the adhesive was set I trimmed the edges of the paper around the chipboard.  Next, I chose my quote from the Sentiments Quote Bundle Pack and adhered it at a slight angle on the left side, leaving just enough room to add my Want2Scrap Frilly Flourish Swirl on the right.  I added a mixture of green and pink Mulberry Paper Flowersto finish it off.  Here’s a close-up view of the embellishments…




The edge of all the papers were inked with new chalk inks by Quick Quotes…Orange Slice and Caribbean Blue.  After it was all assembled, I covered the entire piece with two coats of Mod Podge so that it would be easy to dust off and keep clean.
Joyce notified me that even though this was mailed by itself with NO envelope that it arrived safely to her in GA!

Katie 

No comments: