Pages

Friday, November 21, 2014

May's Mail Art Project

So far we have all enjoyed the Mail Art Swap and ALL pieces have arrived in tact!!








The first thing I did was coat the entire outside of the file folder withDecoArt Gesso and allowed it to dry.  I added some blue paint then some DecoArt Pink Glamour Dust.  The pink glitter paint is very sheer so it adds a touch of color and a touch of glimmer!  This time, I added patterned papers instead of painting the entire folder.  So I chose my papers then tore them and using Mod Podge, I adhered them to the folder, then trimmed off the excess.  Next, I picked bits and pieces of embellishments and fussy cut them from the paper.  After adding the banner in the upper left corner I added a Beautiful Bling Strip WhitePearl/Black Rhinestones across the top.  Using my Spellbinders Carnation Creations dies and my Grand Calibur, I die cut hot pink tissue paper and adhered multiple layers to create the flowers.  Before adding the little banner strip on the journal piece, I tucked it through the smallest circle of the Nestabling Heart Circles Hot Pink Rhinestonecircle.   My friend, Kay, taught me a fun little trick….I used bubble wrap and white paint to create the polka dots!  So fun, right?!  I finished the front of the folder off with some rub-ons for the word blossoms and May.
Here’s a peek at the back…
For the back, I decided to use all patterned paper.  After I had them all adhered and trimmed, I finished it off with a large journal block, which I will use as my address label.  A few small tissue paper flowers and theFrilly Flourish Swirl-White Pearl were added to complete the project.  Both sides received a heavy dose of Mod Podge before it was ready to go.  I learned that if you Mod Podge before you add the mailing labels and postage, that the recipient can easily remove them without damaging the project.

Even if you didn't actually mail them, altered file folders would make a beautiful addition to your office or even your scrapbooks!

Katie

No comments: