Pages

Wednesday, November 19, 2014

April Mail Art Swap Project

 Have you heard of the new mail art trend?  Some of my friends introduced me to it this year when I visited Indiana for a stamp show. Basically, you can mail almost anything.  So, you take something different…like other than a card or envelope…alter it and mail it.  Pretty simple.  A group of us have joined together for a fun mail art swap and here is what my April recipient will find in her mail box…
 

I started with a plain old manilla file folder, covered it with someDecoArt Gesso then painted it very abstractly.  I have to admit, my CAS brain has a hard time being this free, but it is also kinda fun.  ;)  While my Gesso and paint dried (don’t paint ’til your Gesso is completely dry!) I cut out my Easter eggs and the cute little bunny.  I used my new Graphic 45 Sweet Sentiments 8×8 paper pad for the eggs, the added some Baby Bling pearls in White to the pink egg.  After assembling the bunny and positioning my grass, I added theFrilly Flourish Swirl in White, then tucked a few of the eggs behind the one layer of grass.  After adding the rubons, I used my white Wink of Stella glitter brush pen with the Arrow Stencil and added some white arrows above the bunny.  Here’s a closer view of the eggs and swirl…

Since it was going through the mail, I covered all surfaces with two layers of Mod Podge to seal it off. 

Pretty cool, huh?!  Over the next few weeks I will share all the projects I created for our fun swap!
Katie 

No comments: