Pages

Friday, November 14, 2014

Quick & Easy Masculine Card

You probably know that when it comes to card making, I prefer quick and easy!!  I am also a CAS kinda girl. This particular card was hubby's Father's Day card this year...yes, I am that far behind on blogging!!

Anyway, here's the card...










After creating the simple, white card base I added a layer of teal grid patterned paper from the FarmHouse Paper Company 302 6×6 Paper Pad.   Next, I trimmed a piece of white cardstock and embossed it using my Spellbinders Grand Calibur machine and adhered it to the teal layer then cut a coordinating piece of patterned paper and added that to the bottom.  To help distract from the seam where the papers meet, I tied a bit of cord around the layers and closed it with a knot.  Since the patterened paper has some neutral stripes, I decided to leave my chipboard Dad Fancy Chipboard raw, adhering it to the lower right corner.  To finish the card off, I sprinkled some LeCreme 100 Count Baby Pearls around the chipboard and added a string of 3 along the top left hand corner.
What I love most about this card is that not only did it take about 10 minutes to create, you could easily adapt this layout to ANY theme.  And, this is a great design to use when creating multiples!
Katie

No comments: