Pages

Monday, November 24, 2014

June Mail Art ProJuneject

It was May and it was already getting HOT.  With May comes the end of the school year, summer, and with summer comes vacation! While we don't have a real beach here in OK I couldn't help but think of the beach when I was conjuring up designs for June's project.















This mail art swap really brought out my desire to try new techniques and experiment with mixed media.  This time, I started by painting my sky.  I was trying to capture the sunset over the ocean.  After getting the sky to an acceptable point, I moved onto the water.  Before I painted, I added some DecoArt dimensional paste.  After adding the blue paint, I added some white to the tops of some of the "waves" created with the paste to give a whitecap effect.  For the sand, I adhered some Canvas Corp cork paper.  I used an old Heidi Swapp stamp for the destination and the summertime and June are rubons.  The sail boat, crab, sandcastle, umbrella and sandpail were all cut with my Making Memories Slice and the shells were leftover from a Button Farm sample kit.  Here's a peek at the waves created with the dimensional paste...
















You can see all the added texture and detail using the past added!  And here's a peek at the back...















I used Mod Podge to adhere all the papers then added two coats all over both the front and back to project the elements.
 photo 6fcac3ed-64fa-4f4e-a1bb-9c44712297ee.jpg

No comments: