Pages

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Sweet Nothin's

Have you seen the new Doily files from Boss Kut? SWOON!! Doilies are super trendy right now and so fun to work with. Here's a sweet Valentine card I made to send to my mom...

I really like making square cards so I made this one 5x5. After adding a few layers of patterned paper I sized and cut the new Heart Doily file. I trimmed a bit off the edge and layered it, adding some crinkled ribbon trim. I thought it needed some sparkle so I covered the doily with some Smooch ink. Next, I colored Sugar 'n Spice Marci with my Copic markers, fussy cut her then adhered her with dimensional adhesive. After stamping the sentiment I thought it needed a bit more so I took a few of the hearts that were leftover from the doily cut and colored them with Copics and Smooch and added one to the bow and one to the sentiment. Tip: Always look at your negatives after cutting...you'd be surprised at how many "usable" pieces you will find!!

Copics used:
skin: R00, R02, E00, E04, W1
hair: YR31, E55, E59
hearts: RV29, R83
clothes: (dress, bow, cupcake top) R81, R83, R85, (shoes) BV23, BV29, (apron and cupcake wrapper) Y21, Y23, Y26, (spoon) E35, E39

Hope you're having a great week!! I'll be back tomorrow with a video sharing how to airbrush with Copics using a compressor. Hope you'll stop by!

Photobucket

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Very cute, Katie!!! :) It sounds crazy (I shouldn't admit it!), but I need to think outside the box more. I love the way you cut & only used part of the doily! It looks great!

Thanks for sharing (& I'm looking forward to learning more about Copics!)!

Jennifer
partridgelu at yahoo dot com