Pages

Thursday, January 5, 2012

The Smash Book trend

So last year K & Co released the new Smash Book which is a spiral bound book that is used like older style memory books. The ideas is that you don't have to follow the rules behind scrapbooking...like colors, lines and the rule of three's...you just fill your pages and smash the book closed.

I was hired my one of my local Michael's stores to teach classes, assist during crops and conduct product demos. Luckily, I can set my own schedule so I can continue to enjoy my relaxed, work from home lifestyle. ;) Anywho, K & Co. is sponsoring a crop in January and it is called the Smash Bash. Teachers were given a Smash Book to create a store sample and I thought I'd share what I've done so far.

The book comes with a plastic cover on it. If you're careful, you could remove the stickers and keep the cover on to preserve the book.




Since I have to turn this book over to the store when I'm done, I was careful not to put anything in it I couldn't live without. I kept the pages pretty simple and used my Slice to help me work with titles.

If you live in the Tulsa area, the Smash Bash Crop will be on Friday, January 20 from 3-9 pm at the Michael's at 41st & Yale. The cost is only $5!

I'll be back tomorrow with some photos and updates from my office renovation.

Photobucket

1 comment:

Nani said...

I linked to this post in my blog, The Chronicles of Nani. I don't Smash yet, but I'm going to soon! Thanks for the inspiration!

http://chroniclesofnani.blogspot.com/2012/09/i-want-to-get-smashed.html