Pages

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Winter Wonderland...

hardly describes what we in the Midwest are dealing with now. It keeps snowing and snowing and snowing. LOL! Here in Northeast Oklahoma we received more than 20" in some areas. Our schools have been out for a week so far and no end in sight. Sigh. But, that leaves me in my house to create, right?! ;)

Now that CHA is finally over I can share with you the projects I created for the Boss Kut booth. They released new dies, and digital files, called Pop Kuts. They are fun 3D images where only parts of the image cuts out leaving pieces you can pop up. Fun, fun. Here are the two of the projects I sent to them for samples...

This first one is an 8x8 layout of my daughter and niece. Aren't they cute?? hehehe The papers I used are from the Making Memories Just Chillin' Collection. I cut the tag with the Pop Kut butterfly in it then colored the butterfly with chalk and stickles.

Next up is a card...

This entire card was created in my Gazelle software. First, I drew the card base and added the score line for the fold. Then, I added a circle window to the front of the card. To get the proper size of the window I opened the flower and adjusted my circle before adding and cutting it. After cutting the card base I then cut the flower from glitter cardstock. Since the card base was black I added a white mat inside the card to help the yellow pop even more. The leaves where cut, popped and layered on the card front and a bit of ribbon finished it off.

I hope wherever you are you are staying warm. I'll be back tomorrow with a fun birthday card using the new Spellbinders Pennant dies.

Photobucket

1 comment:

Laurel said...

Such pretty stuff! love that layout!