Pages

Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day!

I made these cute little Hanging Heart Boxes for my kids this year!

To create this I simply cut 2 large (aprox 6") hearts with my Gazelle. Then I created a spine for them by cutting a 2x8 inch piece of cardstock and scoring 1/2" in on both sides on the 2" side. Next, I turned it and scored it at 4" on the 8" side. After all my scoring I snipped an upside down v shape at the 4" score line on both sides. This is what it looks like when you're done...

Once you have your spine complete you're ready to assemble your box. Simply add some adhesive along the 1/2" folds and adhere it to your hearts. Follow the line of the heart being careful not to let the spine stick out. Here's what it will look like when it's assembled...

Next you can embellish and stuff it! I added a cupid and love tag, both found in my Gazelle Funtime III software then created a handle with some ribbon. To finish it off I added a double bow and some flowers to the top of the tag. Here's what it looks like all stuffed with candy...

Believe it or not this was super easy to create and once you know how to work the spine, you can create these little boxes in ANY shape!

Thanks for stoppin' by today! See you again tomorrow!

Photobucket

No comments: