Pages

Friday, February 11, 2011

Unity Friends with Flair!!

Wow, it's been a while huh?! I'm excited to be able to play this week and I have two projects to share today!

First up is a layout I created using the new Lifestyle Crafts CHA release dies and Unity's August Retailer KOTM.

I cut two of the Houndstooth Borders from American Crafts Slate cardstock and added them to a white background. Next, I layered up some October Afternoon Report Card papers and stickers. I created a mixed title but cutting the Pennants Border and trimming off only 3 of the pennants. I stamped the '5th' using my Unity August Retailer KOTM. The apple and star are also from that kit but after stamping them, I cut them and adhered them to the pennants with AC This to That Foam Squares. The Blue Sky font with shadow was the perfect finishing touch for the title. I even had Seth help me with the journaling by having him write his name on one of the tags. Now we'll always remember what his handwriting was like in 5th Grade.

I also used some Unity stamps on this card I sent to the Boss Kut CHA booth...

This card was super fun to create! After making the standard sized (A2) card base, I added some fun layers. The chocolate and white layers were cut with my Gazelle as were the flower and flourish. The flower is one of the new Pop Kut designs that will also be available in die form soon. I inked the flower up then added some details with a pen before adhering it to the card front. A bit of ruffled ribbon, some pearls and my Unity sentiment, from the (top half) of May's Retailer KOTM finished the card off.

Photobucket

6 comments:

Laurel said...

Great projects, love that layout!

Emily Leiphart said...

Beautiful card, Katie! Love the dimension on it!

Erika said...

Fabulous projects...

Patricia said...

WOW Katie! I love your layout! I especially love your card since that flower is to die for!

Linda said...

That is just Beautiful! I love the colors!

Marilyn Nimmo said...

LOVE that layout! Card is beautiful.