Pages

Saturday, May 29, 2010

Hi everyone and Happy Saturday!

I know that many of you are probably out enjoying the beautiful weather on this long, holiday weekend. We're hoping to hit the lake and enjoy an outdoor concert. That's one of the perks of our new home...we're only 1/2 mile from Keystone Lake and Walnut Creek State Park. We're hoping to take the kids camping sometime this year too!

Anyway, onto today's project. My friend and fellow DT member, Eva, sent me a beautiful card and the {ippity} Devoted stamp set. I have long desired this set and was soooo thrilled when I opened that package! Thanks again, Eva! I decided to make a card for my mom and I used Unity's FWF26 challenge for inspiration. (edited to add: this card was actually chosen and featured on Unity's blog on Friday, May 28th for the Friends With Flair post! Yeah! Thanks Unity!)

Here's my card...

I wanted to keep the card itself simple so the message would shine through. I started by using my Scor-Pal to create a border around the card front then I tied a strip of SU! Mellow Moss ribbon around the front panel. For the image, I used the Embossing Resist technique. To create the background, I used my JustRite Special Occasions font and my Rectangle stamper. It reads "This is the day the Lord hath made let us rejoice and be glad in it" over and over. Then stamped the image using Versamark and heat embossed it with clear embossing powder (UTEE is all I had). Then I sponged some SU! Mellow Moss ink all over the image then cut and embossed it using my Spellbinders Lables Eight. I stampd the sentiment, hand cut around it then glued it inside...

Mom was having kind of a rough week and I wanted to let her know that even though I'm far away, I am still thinking of her. I just know she'll love it.

Thanks for stoppin' by today! I'm taking tomorrow off but I have a something super special to share with you Monday and I hope you'll stop in!

Katie

1 comment:

Country Mouse said...

Very pretty card!!! Congrats on making the Bella DT!! It will be so much fun to work along with you!!!
audrey