Pages

Sunday, October 26, 2008

Scor-Pal Layout and subscriptions...

Okay, so as promised I have completed my layout I created with my Scor-Pal and my Slice. I actually created this layout for Scenic Route's monthly challenge. The challenge was to create a project using at least 2 of their product lines. I used 3!!

This is a very simple layout but I really wanted to showcase the photos and the meaning behind the layout. Cody has LOVED being out in the garage with Dad while he's been restoring his '59 Jeep Willy's Edition. Cody can spot a Jeep from a mile away!

Here's the layout:


I used the Scor-Pal to create the accordian background. I simply cut my paper to 10"x10" and scored the first side at the 1/2" mark then every 1" thereafter. I turned the paper over and scored at the 1" mark then every 1" thereafter (in between the previous scores). Then I folded the paper up, like a fan, and stretched it back out where I wanted it and adhered it. It's that simple! I think that it really adds LOTS of dimension to the layout...especially in person.

I used my Slice to cut the journaling block and the title. It's hard to see in the photo (look at the "Got") but I used a Glaze pen to randomly color in circles only on the red dot paper to give it a varnished look. Again, really cool in person.

Like I said before, it's really simple but I LOVE how it turned out. And I used ONLY cardstock/paper!

Now, you may have noticed but I added a Feedblitz subscription link to the side of my blog under my class schedule. I can see from my tracking that I have many of you who visit regularly...but few comment. So, to drive some subscriptions and some comments I'm going to give away some blog candy! I'm not revealing the prize yet but it'll be something good, I promise. All you have to do is 1.) sign up as a subscriber and 2.) comment on this post. It can be about anything. That's all you have to do to enter to win. I will randomly draw a name on Oct. 31st! That's right, on Halloween!

Oh, and if you're interested in playing along in the Scenic Route monthly challenges click here. And if you want to get yourself a Scor-Pal and/or a Slice you can go here.

Thanks for stoppin' by! Have a great week! Katie

1 comment:

Carolyn King said...

That is such a cool page Katie! LOVE the accordian folds. Awesome job!