Pages

Monday, October 20, 2008

Party Light Cube

Okay, so you've seen those outside party light cubes right? The ones you string up light Christmas lights? I think they are so cute! I used that same concept to creat this single light cube.



For the sides and the top I used 4" chipboard squares and covered them with patterned paper. To cut the circle centers out I used my Quickutz nesting circles die and ran it through my Cuttlebug. I backed each hole with transparency. The sides and top are simply hot glued together. You can use an anywhere hole punch to punch the holes in the top for the ribbon to pass through.
The light on the inside is simply one of those battery-powered tea lights. I adhered it to the top with velcro strips so that it can easily be turned on or off and also to allow access to change the battery.
I will be teaching this for my next Kids Camp project. I'm sure the girls will LOVE hanging one of these in their rooms.
Don't you think this would look cool with some rub-ons or stamped images on the transparency? If you try this be sure to leave me a comment so I can check yours out too!
Thanks for stoppin' by!
Katie

No comments: