Pages

Monday, January 14, 2008

Three Hobby Lobby's and Two 40% off coupons later...

Whew! Last week I had the opportunity to do a little "guilt free" shopping! I received a gift card to Hobby Lobby for Christmas and I've used a little here and a little there. Well, I went on a shopping spree!!! There are 3 stores in my general area and I hit every one of them. I used the 40% off coupons to buy two of the larger items I've been eyeing for some time. The first one was the Fastenater Stapler by EK Success...and of course, I HAD to buy the pink one! (wink, wink) Next up was the Grommet Setter by Making Memories. I LOVE MM's products...and I have many of their tools. Notice all the yellow clearance stickers? I perused the aisles until I found deals on accessories for my new goodies. I got 2 packs of staples, a matching pink staple remover, an extra set of grommets, some corduroy flower brads, and a pack of Inspirables woven labels...oh, and the flat back rhinestones were 1/2 off so I grabbed a bag of blue ones. $48 later, my gift card is empty! LOL! But, I have a craft table full of new goodies screaming my name.




Next up, my friend, Rae has 'tagged' me! This is the first time I've been tagged so I'm excited.

1. Name your two favorite scrapbook topics. Hmm, my family and events.

2. What are the two best places you've been to? Well, I really enjoyed Chicago and I LOVE Texas...being a TX native. Okay, I know I'm boring...but I've never been out of the country.

3. Name two things you do every day? Laundry and play with my babies

4. Tell us two things that everyone pretty much knows about you? I'm sooo totally addicted to paper crafting and I have 4 kids.

5. Two places you wish to visit? Puerto Rico...see, my Grandpa was a government employee and back in Dec. 1941 he was in what is now Puerto Rico. My Grandma was within days of delivering my mom when Pearl Harbor was bombed. My Grandpa was called back to the States buy my Grandma had to stay behind until my mom was born. Thankfully, my mom arrived healthy on Dec. 9, 1941 and shortly after Grandma and the rest of the kids got to come home. I've always wanted to visit and hopefully it's something my mom and I can do together. And the second place is Provo Utah!! (wink, wink)

6. Two things you may not know about me are: I was in the United States Navy and I'm a spoiled brat!

7. Two nicknames you've had at some time in your life: My Mamaw always called me her "Candy Baby" and my Dad deemed me his "Rotten Baby Girl"

8. Name two of your favorite drinks? Sweet tea and Big Red

9. What are two interesting (in a good or bad way) jobs you've had in your life? Hmmm, let me see...I worked at the reservation center for American Airlines after I graduated High School and from there I went to work in a fiberglass factory as a rewinder (I spliced together the fiberglass yarn and combined the leftover spools back to large, usable spools again)

10. What are two things you would like to learn? I would definately like to learn more about photography and I'd like to learn how to ride a motorcycle.

11. What two things would make your scrapping/stamping work space work even better for you? A slightly larger space and some extra personalization.

12. What are two of your best organizational tips for stampers that do not have a lot of space? I have my ribbon rolls on a 4" dowel rod hanging above my table. This has saved a TON of space plus I can easily look up to see what I have that might go with the project I'm working on. Also, definately keep your space as clean as possible. At the very least clean when you are done.

13. What are your two favorite stamping toys? I really like my Cuttlebug and all the dies and accessories and I can't live without my 12x12 Purple Cows Paper Trimmer.

14. If you could have TWO super-powers, what would they be? I'd have x-ray vision so I could see what my kids were doing no matter what room they were in and I'd be able to read peoples thoughts.

15. Name two words that describe your stamping/scrapbooking style? Clean and Cute

16. Name two of your favorite colors to design with? Hmmm, pink and blue...not necessarily together.

17. Name two of your all-time favorite paper collections/lines. I would have to say (right now) it is Making Memories Note-Worthy and Scenic Route Metropolis.

and my added question:

18. Name your top two favorite paper crafting manufacturers. Making Memories and Prima

Now it's my turn to tag so.....Pam (Dreams & Memories Scrapbook Store) and my PCMB Friend Jennie. After you answer all the questions you have to add one of your own...but it has to have two parts. Then, tag two more! Thanks guys!

Katie

1 comment:

Unknown said...

YAY Katie!! Thanks for playing along with the 'tag'!!! Loved learning more about you!
And way to go on your HL shopping spree!!! Looks like you found some awesome treasures!