Pages

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Letterpressed Birthday Card

I have to admit that the Letterpress was not high on my list of wants when it was first introduced. I figured it was more work and mess than what it was worth. But, I was wrong!!! Lifestyle Crafts recently sent me a Letterpress Starter kit and I pulled it out and made this card with it...

I used the flower template that came with the starter set and Hot Pink Ink to create my custom background and when it dried I simply added rhinestones to the flower centers and randomly placed some around the flowers. Next, I stamped the sentiment, cut it out with the Nesting Squares then adhered it to the new 2x2 Tag. I wanted to create some layers for this card so I took a piece of white cardstock and inked all over the edges with my Letterpress Ink. That way, my background papers perfectly matched my inked images. I added a wide piece of black ribbon and used my pink We R Memory Keepers twine to tie the sentiment to the ribbon. I really love how this card turned out.

I am definitely happy with the Letterpress. The clean up is easy with the cloths and it does NOT make a mess like one might think. I brought home a Christmas plate set and will be sending Letterpressed Christmas cards to family this year.

Photobucket

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is beautiful. I love the look of letterpress.

Mindy Miller said...

I'm loving the letterpress and the color combo you used!