Pages

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

10 Minute Halloween Card...

I know we are still in September but Halloween is fast approaching! And, with work and kids and extra curricular activities we're all super busy these days. With the help of your Gazelle, handmade cards CAN be fast and easy and still look great! Check out this 10 minute card I made....

To create the cardbase, I took the *new* Witch Hat file and resized it to my liking, created a blackout shadow then mirrored the blackout. **You must mirror it so that the brim of the hat lines up properly. Next I simply turned the mirrored hat upside down, lined up the tips and welded them together. I cut the cardbase from black cardstock then cut out the layer from the patterened paper. I chose to cut the brim layer from Purple Glitter Paper to give it a little extra umph. You can cut multiple pieces at one time by placing the different papers all on your one mat OR, if you have multiple mats you can prepare each one with a different paper and cut by color. The later is my personal favorite. Here's what all my pieces looked like after they were cut...

After each one was inked I adhered them together, adding dimensional dots under the glittery brim. I tied it off with some delicious crinkled ribbon and added some pins that coordinated with my papers. It still looked a little bare to me so I decided to add the cute little spider from the *new* Spiderweb. And, of course, he HAD to have googly eyes!!

To finish off the card, I used my Gazelle to type the sentiment and "printed" it by simply replacing my cutting blade with a Copic Spica Glitter Pen. Before "printing' I made sure my words would fit inside the layer of the hat then after replacing my blade, I cut it out and used that to line the inside.

See how easy it is to make fast but cute cards?? Give it a try, I just know you'll love it!

Photobucket

No comments: