Pages

Thursday, July 1, 2010

Hello everyone! Today is Color Scheme Thursday on the Bella Digi Studio Challenge Blog and it was my turn to come up with a scheme. I think black and white is such a beautiful, classic look by itself but it comes to life when paired with a vibrant color that POPS! Here's the card I created...

I started this card with a black card base then printed out the DandyLion background digi stamp. Then I added a yellow scallop strip I cut using my Spellbinders Big Scallop Petite Borderabilities. To cover the seam, I added a piece of ribbon I tied off with a bow. The sentiment was printed from the Celebrations Sentiments Pack then cut using my Spellbinders Double End Tags. One end was tucked under the bow and the other was topped off with a yellow pearl. For added detail, I inked all the edges with my Quick Quotes Chalk Ink and added yellow pearls randomly to the flower centers.

This can be achieved with any color! For a fun, feminine touch you could add pink. Or you could do orange for a summery feel. There's no limitations when adding color POP to your basic black and white.

Thanks for stopping by today! Tomorrow is Friends with Flair and I hope you can join me! See you then!

Katie

No comments: