Pages

Thursday, July 22, 2010

A good deal...

I was browsing through a Wal-Mart across town trying to burn some time a few weeks ago when I ran across a section of clearance craft stuff. I found a set of Martha Stewart bird stamps for only $1! A full set...like a 5x7 sheet. It only had 4 stamps but they are pretty large. Well, I couldn't pass up a set of stamps for a $1 so I grabbed them up. I had some free time the other night so I stamped one of the images and curled up on the couch with my Copics. Here's the result...

I decided to keep the card simple and let the image be the real focal point so I stuck with using solid cardstock and no patterned papers!! I know, totally different for me! But, I like the result. I used American Crafts cardstock and adhesive. The sentiment and ink are from SU!. I used my Tim Holtz Alterations Scallop On the Edge die to create my scallop bottom. It's hard to see in the photo but I used my SU! chalks all around the background of the image so there wasn't a big white space. Some satin ribbon and a button from my stash finished it off. I also decided to add a sentiment on the inside so here's a peek at that...

The stamp I used is from another SU! set I have and I cut it out using my Spellbinders Labels Eight Nestabilities. To create the larger red layer, I traced my die the cut it out by hand.

Thanks for stoppin' by today! I'll be back tomorrow and I hope you can join me!

Katie

No comments: