Pages

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Ten Minute Masculine Card

I have a really hard time making cards in advance. I like to create my cards specifically for the person who will be receiving it. That sometimes leaves me in a bind, like this last weekend. Rocky came in the house and said his dad and his wife were on their way over. It was his dad's birthday and I hadn't made his card yet!! I was in the middle of making dinner...homemade tortillas and all! Sooo, when I got finished with dinner I headed to my table and went to work. Here's what I created for him...

Now that I have the Big Shot Pro I like to keep a few Scallop A6 card bases in neutral colors cut and handy for situations like this. I grabbed a white card base and an 8x8 collection pack from Making Memories. I got it at Target earlier this year. I cut a 4x5 1/4" piece of the striped patterned paper and adhered it to the card. The tag said something about being a boy so I covered it with the orange "news flash" label and adhered the metal embellishment to it. After adding the dark grey crinkled ribbon I adhered the tag using American Crafts Foam Tab Squares then added a few chipboard stars from the collection to finish the card off. It may have been a quick and impromtu card but I really like how it turned out.

Thanks for coming by today! I will be back again tomorrow and I hope you will join me. See you then!

Katie

No comments: