Pages

Monday, April 26, 2010

Wild about You

Every now and then I like to make my hubby a card to show him how thankful I am for all he does for our family. Sometimes I just want to tell him how much I love him. Howard and Laura brought me some goodies back from CHA in January since I was unable to make it. One of the items I found in my bag was the Slice Jungle design card. :) Here's a card I made for Rocky using that design card...

I started by making my card base, which is 4x8. Then I cut the piece of white American Crafts cardstock then emobossed it with my Cuttlebug Swiss Dots embossing folder. I added a strip of kraft along the bottom that I had run through a paper crimper. The ape and leaves and 'wild' were cut using the Jungle design card and I added some Making Memories mini alphas to complete my sentiment. The ape was covered with Soft Nut Brown Flower Soft. I added two scallop strips that were edged with the Martha Stewart Scallop w/2 dots punch. To finish off the card I wrapped some twine around the crimped piece. All pieces were inked with Mocha Mama chalk ink by Quick Quotes. Rocky got a kick out of this card.

Well, things are moving right along with the new house. Rocky has been bustin' his rump painting, texturing and laying tile. They laid 16x16 slate rock in the second bathroom on the floor and up the wall with a 4 foot wainscoat. They went ahead and added it up the side of the vanity and re-covered the top with it. It looks amazing! Then we had to find a new sink and we wanted something nice to follow the rustic feel so this is what I found...

Isn't it gorgeous??? I LOVE this sink! We found it online at www.coppersinksdirect.com. It is hammered copper with a dark patina. The retail price is $640!!! GASP! But, {lucky me} this sink is on clearance for a whopping $99 with FREE SHIPPING!!! Hello new sink! Now I'm off to find some new lighting to finish out that room! Once we get the room all done I'll upload some pics!

Thanks for stopping by! I'm headed to Mancheser, NH super early Wednesday with Scrap-Mart for the CK convention. If you're in the area stop by and say hi! If not, I'm sure we're headed to a convention near you soon! I'll share more when I return (sorry, I'm not taking my laptop with me :( ).

Katie

No comments: