Pages

Monday, January 18, 2016

One Little Word 2016

For the past few years, I have chosen One Little Word to focus on throughout the year.  Sometimes I really feel like I'm on target with it and other times, well, not so much.  This year, my OLW is Joy!  I have come to realize that joy is a choice and I can choose it every. single. day. regardless of my circumstances.  I believe that my joy is found in the Lord and I can either let my circumstances stress me out and bring me down or I can choose to look to the Lord and find joy, even in my strugglesTh This is exactly what I am going to do this year.

Here's a layout I created that I will add to my focus board for this year.



I had a lot of fun creating this layout!  I knew I wanted to add some color and I really wanted to be playful with this layout so I chose to use my Silhouette to cut my OLW out, repeatedly, then I used the negative instead of the words I cut out.  I spritzed a piece of white cardstock with 3 different shades of Glimmer Mist and dried it quickly with my heat tool, then I glued my negative right on top of it. I layered up using a plain cardstock for the base, then the diagonal paper, which is from a digital pack I purchased on Etsy. Next I added my photos.  The 2016 was also cut with my Silhouette from the same paper as my background.  I added a OLW flair button from {A Flair for Buttons} and a few Want2Scrap Enamel Dots.

Do you choose a word for the year?
 photo 6fcac3ed-64fa-4f4e-a1bb-9c44712297ee.jpg

No comments: