Pages

Saturday, January 2, 2016

Hello 2016!!


I hope you all had a fantastic Christmas and New Year!  Obviously, I have taken some time off over the last year from blogging.  In late 2014 I decided to leave Scrap-Mart and take a different direction.  I was offered a position with a new company as an Office Manager.  I will say it took me longer to get used to working 40+ hours a week again.  But, I'm settled in and ready to get back to my crafting!

Here's a layout I created of Shelby at a retreat I attended back in November.



This layout came together rather quickly.  I started with some layered pieces of Stampin Up! cardstock and added 2 3x4 pocket page cards and a pocket.  Then, I printed the pic with my Selphy (my BEST purchase of 2015!!).  The scallop border was actually created by using a 2" circle punch and trimming the circles down.  I added some hand journaling, something I'm trying to incorporate more into my projects, and finished it off with a few sticker embellishments.

Here's a closer view of some of the detail...



I love the glitter on the top card!  We had an unfortunate incident that ended up with my baby girl's head getting shaved.  So I took her to get her ears pierced (again!) and this pic was taken just after she got them.

So, do you guys have any crafty resolutions for 2016?  For me, I just want to create!  Even though I remained on the design team for Want2Scrap last year I don't feel like I really got to create.  So that is my goal.  No specific numbers or projects.  Just be crafty!
 photo 6fcac3ed-64fa-4f4e-a1bb-9c44712297ee.jpg

No comments: