Pages

Thursday, February 27, 2014

One Little Word 2014

I realize that I may be a little bit late to the OLW party. I typically don't do journals or books for myself, like, at all. But, 2013 was a very difficult year for me personally and I decided that not only would I pick a word for 2014 but that I would keep a journal, or scrapbook type journal, or Smash book...whatever you want to call it.

Last year I purchased this Memory File Spiral Bound album by Heidi Swapp from Nicole Petersen Designs. I had no idea at the time what I was going to do with it, but I had to have it. ;) All of the pages are different sizes and media types. The first page is a little banner with a polaroid printed on it and the center is open. That made the perfect intro page for my OLW journal.


I wanted to make the window a pocket page and fill it will some Want2Scrap bling and sequins but I didn't have any vellum. So I grabbed the next best thing...wax paper. Yep, I did, and as you can see it worked! I cut a rectangle strip of the wax paper then folded it in half and filled it with Pink 72 Count Pearls and some sequin from American Crafts. Then I used some Washi Tape from my stash to seal the edges and adhered it to the back side of the frame. I really love how the pocket turned out too. And, as you can see my OLW for 2014 is me. Throughout the year I will share the stories of last year that led up to that choice. I used my trusty Thickers for the 'me' and added a cute little flair button from {a flair for buttons} to finish it off.

My friend, Mary-Ann, is on the design team for {a flair for buttons} and if you haven't seen Shelley's flair you MUST check it out. Super cute stuff. Anyway, after drooling over many of Mary-Ann's projects I HAD to buy some flair. Had to. I purchased a mix and was able to choose a number of designs from different sets so that I could make them fit in my book all year. You can, however, purchase coordinating sets as well.

Do you keep a journal or have a OLW each year?

 photo 6fcac3ed-64fa-4f4e-a1bb-9c44712297ee.jpg

No comments: