Pages

Monday, February 3, 2014

DIY Valentine Decor with Want2Scrap

This April marks four years since we purchased our new home. Can you believe that as of January 1, 2014 I had yet to personalize the living room or even hang a single piece of decor on the walls? As a matter of fact, we didn't even have living room furniture. LOL! Just a couple of recliners and a futon. But, we found a great set of furniture that we LOVE and got a fabulous deal on it. That sparked something in me and I wanted to really make it look like home. So my friend, Lawrin, and I set out on a shopping adventure. I purchased a mirror, lamp, candle sticks, picture frames, a wall clock and shelf and more! After an hour or so, and a little...okay a LOT...of help from hubby, our living room became a warm and inviting space in our home. 

Since I had purchased a little shelf, I needed something to put ON the shelf. So I decided the shelf would make a perfect spot for seasonal decor and decided to create some Valentine decor.


I started out with the idea of the mini printers tray and banner.  But, as you can see, I ended up also making a mini altered canvas as well.  For full details and supply list, please visit the Want2Scrap blog.
   photo 6fcac3ed-64fa-4f4e-a1bb-9c44712297ee.jpg

No comments: