Pages

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

JustRite Friday Challenge 051...

Hello and Happy Hump Day to you all! I cannot believe it's already Wednesday! Where has my week gone?? Anyway, I am here today to share a card I made for the current JustRite Friday Challenge...An Act of Kindness. The challenge is simple really, just create something for someone as an act of kindness. Could be a thank you, thinking of you or whatever. Here's mine...

I decided to use the Treat Bag from the Lifestyle Crafts Valentine Release to create a pocket card. After cutting it from white American Crafts cardstock, I inked the edges and began adding my layers. The kraft cardstock was embossed with the Quickutz Dots embossing folder and inked up. Next, I added some crinkled ribbon and one of the *NEW* Sassafras Lass Foldies die cuts. These are super fun and super easy to use! Next I stamped a border from the JustRite 2 3/8" Birthday Wishes set then I cut it out with my Spellbinders Lacey Circles and inked the edges. Next I stamped the rectangle from JustRite's Fancy Frames Cling Stamp set. Using the coordinating Spellbinders Labels Fourteen I cut out the center and adhered it to my Lacey Circle. Then, using some American Crafts foam tabs I adhered the frame over the circle. I like the simple dimension that step added. A few flowers on my ribbon and I was done.

Since it's a pocket card, I needed to fill the inside too so I grabbed a sheet of pretty patterned paper from the new Sweetly Smitten Sassafras line and cut a tag for inside. I grabbed my new Spellbinders Creative Page Tabs designed by Donna Salazar and added one to the top corner so the insert would be easy to pull out. Here's a pic of them side by side...

I love how easy it is to mix and match the Original Ribbed and new Cling Stamps. Believe it or not, I have at least one more project I want to make for this challenge. :) Okay, off to finish my to do list so I can create all day tomorrow!! Have a wonderful day and thanks for stoppin' by!

Photobucket

3 comments:

Mrs Ham said...

Katie this is a loveley treat bag. I love all the flowers.

Stephanie Kraft said...

Beautiful, Katie! Love all of your fabulous details! Thanks for joining in the JR Friday Challenge!

Sharon Harnist said...

This is so pretty, fresh & Springy, Katie! Thanks so much for playing in JustRite's Friday challenge!