Pages

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

JustRite Friday Challenge 051...

Hello and Happy Hump Day to you all! I cannot believe it's already Wednesday! Where has my week gone?? Anyway, I am here today to share a card I made for the current JustRite Friday Challenge...An Act of Kindness. The challenge is simple really, just create something for someone as an act of kindness. Could be a thank you, thinking of you or whatever. Here's mine...

I decided to use the Treat Bag from the Lifestyle Crafts Valentine Release to create a pocket card. After cutting it from white American Crafts cardstock, I inked the edges and began adding my layers. The kraft cardstock was embossed with the Quickutz Dots embossing folder and inked up. Next, I added some crinkled ribbon and one of the *NEW* Sassafras Lass Foldies die cuts. These are super fun and super easy to use! Next I stamped a border from the JustRite 2 3/8" Birthday Wishes set then I cut it out with my Spellbinders Lacey Circles and inked the edges. Next I stamped the rectangle from JustRite's Fancy Frames Cling Stamp set. Using the coordinating Spellbinders Labels Fourteen I cut out the center and adhered it to my Lacey Circle. Then, using some American Crafts foam tabs I adhered the frame over the circle. I like the simple dimension that step added. A few flowers on my ribbon and I was done.

Since it's a pocket card, I needed to fill the inside too so I grabbed a sheet of pretty patterned paper from the new Sweetly Smitten Sassafras line and cut a tag for inside. I grabbed my new Spellbinders Creative Page Tabs designed by Donna Salazar and added one to the top corner so the insert would be easy to pull out. Here's a pic of them side by side...

I love how easy it is to mix and match the Original Ribbed and new Cling Stamps. Believe it or not, I have at least one more project I want to make for this challenge. :) Okay, off to finish my to do list so I can create all day tomorrow!! Have a wonderful day and thanks for stoppin' by!

Photobucket

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Katie this is a loveley treat bag. I love all the flowers.

Unknown said...

Beautiful, Katie! Love all of your fabulous details! Thanks for joining in the JR Friday Challenge!

Sharon Harnist said...

This is so pretty, fresh & Springy, Katie! Thanks so much for playing in JustRite's Friday challenge!