Pages

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

JustRite Challenge meets Shabby Tea Room...

Happy Tuesday friends! I hope you are having a wonderful day. Scrap-Mart is needing some samples for our trade show booth and had asked for cards using the new JustRite Cling stamps. Since I was going to create with JustRite anyway I thought I'd make a second entry for this week's JustRite Challenge...an act of kindness. I was about 2/3 of the way through with my card when my dear friend, Eva, suggested I enter it into the Shabby Tea Room challenge as well. I hopped over to their blog to check it out and sure enough, my card fit the challenge. And as if that wasn't enough, JustRite just happens to be their sponsor this week as well. Score! hehehe So, here's my card...

I started my card with some of the My Mind's Eye Hazel 6x6 papers, which I scored from Scrap Ace a week or so ago. ;) This time I decided to use my new Friendship Blooms set. After some inking and layering I decided to use the border stamp and add another layer. I stamped the frame, cut it and the center circle out, stamped the sentiment on the center circle, then mounted the pieces onto a larger frame cut from patterned paper. For added dimension I used foam dots to adhere the stamped frame. The flowers were so fun to create. I stamped them using the Rock 'n Roll technique then cut them out and distressed and wrinkled them up. There's two layers per flower and foam dots in between. A bit of crinkled ribbon was added between the flowers for a leafy effect and they were topped off with pearls. All ink is from SU!...Blue Bayou, Chocolate Chip, Regal Rose and Pretty in Pink. I used the coordinating Spellbinders Labels Eighteen and the Blossom Three dies to cut my pieces. I really enjoyed creating this card and hopefully you'll get to see it again on a display board in our booth. ;)

Photobucket

7 comments:

Eva said...

Katie, this turned out GORGEOUS! I so love your flowers you created, STUNNING work, girlie!!! Glad I could steer you to the Shabby Tea Room! Oh, and I am so happy you picked up the MME papers from Scrapace, too!!!! What a FABULOUS deal that was!

Unknown said...

This is gorgeous. I love the flowers you created.

Anonymous said...

Katie, what a beautiful card! I really LOVE the flowers and the frame Stunning!! Thanks so much for sharing your lovely creation with us this week at The Shabby Tea Room :-)

Anonymous said...

This is such a beautiful card. Love all of the justrite stamps you used. that sentiment is so sweet. Thanks for joining in the fun this week at The Shabby Tea Room.

Hugs,
Kristin

Mona Pendleton said...

Beautiful card Katie! Love the layered labels and the pretty JR images!

Sharon Harnist said...

Love what you did with the blooms, Katie -- such a pretty card! Thanks for playing in JustRite's challenge!

Trees said...

Such a pretty card! The flowers are fabby! Thanks for joining us at The Shabby Tea Room this week.