Pages

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

JustRite Friday Challenge 046: Scoring

Hello and happy Tuesday! I hope your week is off to a great start! I decided to participate in this week's JustRite challenge as it has been a long time since I last joined in.

This week's challenge is to use scoring on your project, other than just scoring your basic card. Jenn gave me some of those adorable mailboxes from the Target dollar spot. I was thrilled because I have not been able to catch them at my Target. I decided to alter them for the teacher Valentine's for my youngest three. Shelby's teacher told me at Christmas that she looks forward to my boxes and goodies since she knows they will be homemade. And, since she has only boys at home and is a girly girl at heart, I altered the only pink one I had for her.

I used the scoring challenge in three different areas. After covering the mailbox with paper, I cut three scallop circles using my Scallop Circle Nestabilities. One of them was adhered to the backside of the flag on the mailbox. The other two were scored (every other scallop) then snipped and folded into 1/2 circle fans then glued together. Then, I stamped and cut my sentiment using JustRite's Loving Thoughts 1 5/8" Centers and cut it using my Circle Nesties. The stamped border is from JustRite's 1 5/8" Round Just a Note set. After adhering the sentiment to the flag I tied a double bow around the flag with my crinkled ribbons.

Here's a picture of the front...

After adhering the background paper to the front, I cut a 1 1/2" strip of paper then scored it with alternating increments of 1" and 1/2", folded it and adhered it, tucking a piece of twine behind it then tying it off in a bow over the front. The sentiment on the front was also stamped from JustRite's Loving Thoughts 1 5/8" Centers then cut out with my new Lifestyle Crafts Nesting Tickets. I added a second ticket behind it cut from patterned paper then sprinkled a few tiny die cut hearts around it.

And, last but not least I added a mini gatefold card and belly band to tuck inside with some candies. To create the card, I die cut the largest Nesting Ticket then scored at 1 1/2" from both sides. The belly band was 1 1/2" wide and 6 1/2" long and scored at 1 1/2" and 4 1/2" and adhered together on the back. Simply slip the belly band off and open the card to reveal a handwritten note, which I'll let my daughter write. :)

So that's it. There's my entry for this week's challenge. JustRite has changed their challenges up a bit and they are doing them bi-weekly now so you have almost two weeks to complete your project. They'll issue a new challenge this Friday, January 21st so be sure to check it out HERE on their blog.

Photobucket

3 comments:

Laurel said...

Wow, this is adorable Katie!

Sheri said...

Really great! I've wanted to make one, but it looks to be so time consuming?! TFS!

Sharon Harnist said...

What a darling gift -- love all the scoring/pleating you did! Thanks for playing in JustRite's challenge!