Pages

Monday, June 22, 2009

Yesterday was Father's Day.

We really didn't do anything special to say. Rocky bought some tires and a new riser for his handlebars on his Harley. Brian had a baseball tournament over the weekend too. They played hard and won 2nd place. Unfortunately, 2nd place didn't sit well with the boys. They were undefeated all season...until now. They played a team from Muskogee and I think they really met their match! They have one more tournament before they end their season and they're on a mission to regain their 1st place title.

Dad and I took turns at the ball field. I had to work early both Saturday and Sunday so he took Cody and Shelby to the first game both days. When I got off work, we traded places. That way we both got to see Brian play but Cody and Shelby weren't out in the heat all day. It worked well.

Brian has been storm chasing with Grandma and Grandpa since school's been out. He's wanted to go for years and they finally felt he was grown up enough. Now, when I say storm chasing I mean real live storm chasing. Wall clouds, tornadoes, the whole nine yards. I think they're insane but I guess someone has to do it. Brian had an awesome time and you know, he's quite the photographer! Kathy let him use her Nikon since she got a new Cannon. You can see some of his photos HERE. That's my mother-in-law's Facebook and yes, we have the same name! Ironic don't you think?! What do you think of Brian's photos? Amazing aren't they?! I'm so proud of him. I am however, glad he's home. We missed him but I'm so glad he got that opportunity. He told me last night when his professional baseball career is over he'll be a full-time photographer. Gotta love that!

Cody and Shelby made dad a Father's Day card at school and Brian bought him one when he was out with Jeff and Kathy. But, I couldn't let the day go by without giving him a hand made card. Here's the card I made him....

The stamp is from Stampin' Up!'s Loads of Love set. I colored it with my Copic markers (E37, E29 and C-2) then cut it out and embossed it with my Spellbinders Oval Nestabilities. After embossing the edge, I left it in the die and used my Stampin' Up! chalks to dab some blue-gray chalk on the background. This gave the sky the smokey color. The card base is made up of a few simple layers of Scenic Route's Garden Grove patterned paper. The sentiment was stamped using my Making Memories Magnetic Stamp set. Rocky LOVED the card, however, he contested the fact that he's a classic! LOL!

Well, that's all I have for today. Thanks for checking. I'll be back soon with more projects!

Katie

No comments: