Pages

Friday, June 12, 2009

Happy Friday!

Do you have any special plans for the weekend? We don't really. We'll probably just hang out around the house. Cody's been ditching us every chance he gets for Grandpa Chuck. Oh, I am going to do a little shopping Saturday with my dad but that's about it.

Today is our Friday Sketch Challenge on the Scrap-Mart blog. Every Friday I pick a sketch to share and each of the members of the design team creates a project based on that sketch. Then, the readers have until the following Thursday to complete their projects and send me a picture of it. So, on Friday's I share the previous week's reader's layouts, a new sketch and the design teams takes on the new sketch. It's an inspiration-packed post!

This week I thought I'd share here on my blog as well. Our sketch today is from Scrap-Mart design team member Veronica.

And here's my take on this sketch.

Cody and Shelby played wee-ball on the same team this year...Sand Springs Stars. I saw this Scenic Route paper in Scrap-Mart's $10 kit bin at the Arlington convention. I knew right away I had to have it because the colors were red, white and blue and it was sports themed! It was like it was made for me! LOL! I used the Scrap Strip page which was perfect for this layout then I added the Revolution Baseball. I remember a few years ago Quickutz conducted a survey to see what their fans wanted. I said a 4x4 Baseball! I was so excited when they released it! I LOVE this die! And between Brian and Cody (I don't think Shelby will play next year) it's sure to get lots of use. Back to my layout. I used my Slice and the Sports Design Card to cut the "Go Team". The chipboard photo corners are from the $10 kit as well.

In other news, Rocky and I were relaxing and watching tv yesterday. While he was flipping channels he came across Home Shopping Network and they just happened to have scrapbook supplies on. He stopped to watch the demo of the Xyron Design Runner. He was actually really impressed with it, especially the Disc Maker. I had demoed a Design Runner a few years ago before I knew anything about the Disc Maker. Anyway, HSN had a bundle on clearance and Rocky asked me if I wanted it. He said it was the coolest scrapbook tool he'd ever seen. LOL! So, he logged on and bought it for me! Yeah! You can click HERE to see the deal. It comes with the Design Runner and base, Disc Maker, Black ink cartridge, Engraved and Fairy Tale font discs, Starter shape disc and a blank disc to maker your own. It's actually $10 cheaper than the price shown! Then I went onto Ebay and bought the Calendar and Travel discs so I think I have enough to get me started! I'll post a review of it when I receive it and try it out.

Thanks for stoppin' by today. I hope you have a great weekend!

Katie

No comments: