Pages

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

EtchAll Mug

Hello friends! I hope you're all enjoying the nice weather we've seen here lately. If not, then get ready because the project I have to show you today will warm you up!

Scrap-Mart is now carrying the Etch All Cream so I grabbed a bottle and thought I'd give it a try. I picked up a blue glass mug at the store to try it on. Here's what it looks like:

I cut a snowflake from the Making Memories Slice FaLaLa design card out of Quickutz Vinyl. For the etching you need the "negative" of the shape so I removed the snowflake and used transfer paper to get the negative onto the glass. Once I had it centered where I wanted it I smoothed the vinyl onto the glass all around the snowflake ensuring there were no bubbles or unattached spaces where the cream could "bleed". I poured the cream onto the vinly...DO NOT pour it onto your shape or it will leave "ripples"...then I used the squeegee to pull the cream onto the shape. It sat for about 15 minutes then I scraped the cream back off. It's reusable so I just put it right back into the bottle then washed the mug under warm running water and pulled the vinyl off. That's it! It does take a bit of time to make sure you're getting it set on straight and all but it's actually a really simple process. Here's a closeup of the etching:


I'm going to package this mug in a clear box with some hot chocolate mix, some marshmallows and candy canes and send it to my mom! I'll call it here "Winter Warm-Up Kit".

Grab you some EtchAll and go create something! When you're done send me some pictures at Katie@scrap-mart.com and we'll feature it on the blog!

Thanks for stoppin' by! See you soon!
Katie

No comments: