Pages

Monday, December 15, 2008

Baby, it's cold outside!!!

And when I say cold, I mean COLD!!! We woke to a chilly 17 this morning. Whoa! I know it's colder in other spots but that is pretty darn cold for the Tulsa area.

It's a perfect day to share this tag I made for Scrap-Mart's 12 Tags of Christmas Blog Contest.

I used my Making Memories Slice to create this. The snowflake and snowman are from the FaLaLa design card and the layered label are from Noteworthy. The snowman was cut three times...once in white for the snowman, once in black for the hat, and once in brown for the arms...and paper pieced. I cut a piece of the American Crafts ribbon down to make the hat band. I didn't have a die or brads small enough for the eyes and buttons so I took out my Crop-a-dile and punched out of the black cardstock from the small side. For the nose, I just cut a corner off of a piece of orange cardstock. I had some 1/8" satin ribbon and I wrapped that around the snowman's neck to create his scarf. After I assembled the snowman, I covered him and the snowflake with ultra fine glitter. They really shimmer in real life.

Scrap-Mart is having a blog contest right now...as I previously mentioned. All you have to do is create and decorate a tag using your dies (we prefer you use ones sold by Scrap-Mart, but it is NOT a requirement!) and email it to me at Katie@scrap-mart.com by midnight Tuesday, December 16th. The Scrap-Mart design team will vote on their favorite and the winner will have their tag posted in the final blog post on Friday, December 19th and will receive the Quickutz Chopstick alphabet set! WOW! You still have plenty of time to enter so get busy! I can't wait to see who wins. You can read more about the details of the contest here.

Materials used: Making Memories Slice Digital Design Cutter, MM Slice Noteworthy Design Card, MM FaLaLa Design Card, Prism Kraft Cardstock, Making Memories FaLaLa patterned paper (red label frame), ultra fine glitter, American Crafts ribbon, other: white, orange, black, brown cardstock and satin ribbon.



That's all I have for today! I hope to see your entry for the contest in my mailbox. Stay warm!

Katie

1 comment:

Patti said...

Hi Katie : ) What a darling tag!! I hope you win : )

(((Hugs))) Patti