Pages

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Back to School

Wow, it's hard to believe but it's back to school time already. Brian, our oldest, starts back next Thursday...August 7th! That's insane! Seth has yet another week, not starting until the 14th.

With August being full of all the back to school tasks I thought we should do a class on it. So, on August 19 at The Scrappin' Pad we'll create 4 layouts and a card with the new Scenic Route Appleton kit. I LOVE the colors and the patterns. Reds, blues, greens...all colors I think of when I think of school. The kit we'll be using is chock full of double-sided paper, chipboard embellishments, alpha stickers and die cuts and much more. With all the embellishment choices, this kit is perfect for kids of all ages...and even the teachers too!

Here's one of the layouts for the class:

This layout is of my son, Seth, and his 2nd grade teacher. It was taken on the last day of school last year. The chipboard square in the upper right hand corner reads "last day of school" and I completed the page title with the "my teacher" chipboard tile and a mix of the alpha stickers and die cuts. I even added the date and Ms. Williams 2nd Grade in my own handwriting. I finished off the page with my Stampin' Up spiral punch. Stay tuned to see what else we'll be creating in next month's class.

Thanks for stoppin' by! Katie

No comments: