Pages

Saturday, February 2, 2008

A Funny Card...

My mom has been on a waiting list for senior housing for over a year now. She has been living with her sister and brother-in-law and while she loves them dearly, she really wants her own place. Well, last week she received a phone call telling her one of the apartments has become available. She was so excited. So all week she worked hard to get all her things packed and today she moved in. This evening she called me while she was waiting for her dinner to finish cooking. She was tired, no doubt, but was really relieved to be in her house.

When she called me with the good news, I knew immediately that I wanted to make her a card. The first thing that came to mind was a house stamp. But wait, I don't have one. Hmmmm, what to do. Well, that afternoon I stopped by Pam's and found the SU! Happy Trails set. I thought that the stamp of the camper would be a cute play on the house. So, here's her card.



I have to admit that working with these colors was a bit of a challenge for me because I'm used to working with brighter colors. But, I think it turned out cute and I know my mom will appreciate it...if nothing else it'll be good for a giggle. Katie

1 comment:

Jennie Skaggs said...

I like it....it is cute. She will probably be glad she isn't living in a camper. :) Jennie