Pages

Friday, June 21, 2013

Craft for Dad

It had been a while since I was able to play in my craft room. My travel schedule had gotten a little out of hand for a while.  Thankfully, I have had some time off recently and managed to whip up something for Rocky for Father's Day.

I had some inexpensive display frames from Ikea that I had picked up during my last trip and couldn't wait to do something with them.  I pulled out my My Mind's Eye Stella & Rose Hattie collection I had snagged from ScrapAce.com and set to work. 

The frame has two plastic inserts that you can sandwich your pictures in between.  Since the My Mind's Eye papers were double-sided, I only had to use one base page then simply create a mini layout on both sides.  Here's side one...






After cutting the background page, I added a layer then cut a tag using a retired Quickutz Revolution Tag die then simply cropped and added the photo.  Then I began side two...



Since my base page was already started all I had to do was add some layers and my photo and I was done.  After sandwiching my mini layout in the plastic protectors and sliding it into the frame I began to embellish. 

On the "Dad" side of the frame, I added a trio of button in the lower left hand corner.  For the title, I die cut the banner from the LaLa Land Crafts Folding Banner Die then added Dad using some Thickers.

For side two, again I added the button trio in the lower corner.  This time, I die cut the LaLa Land Crafts Die Heart Banner, cutting it twice so that I could make the hearts a different color.  And lastly, I die cut the LaLa Land Stitched Tabs and added it to the lower right hand corner, finishing it off with the word 'family' with some Making Memories alpha stickers.

The original intention was to send it to work with him so he would have something for his desk but we decided to add it to our "family" decor instead.  I love how it turned out so much that I am thinking of making myself one for my office.  :)

Now I am hoping to steal some time for some 4th of July crafts soon!



 Photobucket

No comments: