Pages

Saturday, December 8, 2012

'Tis the season...

Gosh, I can't believe December is already here. What a year 2012 has been. Christmas will be here before you know it so I thought I would take the next few days to share some gift giving ideas. First up is glass etched baking dishes. It may sound difficult, but this is actually a fairly simple projcet. And, if you have a die cut machine, this project is even easier.
Sorry the pics aren't the best. These were for an order and by the time I was done, my natural light was g.o.n.e. But, you can still see the images in the bottom of the dishes. I searched online until I found the images I wanted them imported them into my Funtime software. After vectorizing the jpeg's I sized them then mirrorred the image and cut it from vinyl. I had to "weed" the vinyl, taking away the actual die cut because you want the "negative" for this particular project. Then I used transfer tape to move the vinyl to the dish. I spent about 10 minutes centering and placing the image then burnishing the vinyl WELL to make sure there were no bubbles where the cream could get under the vinyl. Then, I applied the cream and waited. The whole process, start to finish, took about 45 minutes per dish. That includes searching for the images, the whole nine yards. Not too bad really. If you are looking for some fun ideas, do a search on pinterest for glass etching. Cute stuff! Photobucket

No comments: