Pages

Monday, July 30, 2012

Operation Write Home

Hello and happy Monday to you all!  I hope you all had a great weekend.  While I was browsing Facebook the other day, I ran across a post from Sandy with Operation Write Home.  If you aren't familiar with OWH, they collect and send handmade cards to sevice men and women ALL over the world for them to use when writing home to their families.  Isn't that fabulous?!  So, as I was saying, I ran across a post from Sandy the other day and she was saying that while normally during the summer card requests were down, due to lack of holidays, that this summer requests were up!  And, since summer is in full swing, the amount of cards rolling in was down.  They are specifically in need of love, miss you, and thank you themed cards.  Soooo, I decided to set a goal for myself to send 25 cards at the end of August.  That may seem like a lot but if I create at least 2 of each design then I can certainly meet my goal by then.  Plus, I went through my stash of cards I already had made and pulled out some I could include.  Here's the first complete cards I made...


And, to sweeten it a little, I used ALL scraps (except the card bases themselves) to make these.  You'd never know though.  ;)  Be sure, if you choose to participate, to read the guidelines HERE so you follow the processes...it makes life easier on the shippers.  You don't have to send 25 like me.  You can send 1, or 100.  EVERY card helps!  

Photobucket

No comments: